Dimple Creation (Dimpleplasty)

Dimple Creation (Dimpleplasty)

In some cultures dimples are considered a sign of good luck and prosperity. Dimples also help brighten a smile and add character, and are considered cute. A natural dimple is usually formed when there is a small defect in the buccinator muscle of the cheek. The skin overlying this small defect is stuck down to the underlying connective tissue and creates a dimple in the skin when that person smiles. It is possible to surgically create dimples. Dimple creation surgery can be done on any sized cheek.

What is the procedure?

Dimpleplasty, the procedure of creating a dimple is simple and performed under local anaesthetic only. The first step is to mark the exact location of the desired dimples on the outside of the cheek (which you can decide for yourself). A small amount of local anesthetic is placed on the inside of both cheeks, and then a tiny incision is made on each side. A small amount of muscle is removed and then absorbable sutures (which dissolve in 1-2 weeks) are used to create the new dimple. The entire procedure takes approx 30 minutes to complete per side. The scarring between the inner skin and muscle will cause a dimple even after the suture is absorbed.

What can I expect after the procedure?

Dimple creation surgery is safe and effective, and there are minimal complications with dimple formation aside from a little bit of swelling and bruising. You should be able to resume your normal activities the following day.

How long does it take the dimple to look natural?

In the beginning there is a dimple present even without smiling, but usually within a few weeks (sometimes a couple of months), the dimple is only present while smiling or moving the face. As you heal, the dimple will slowly flatten out when you are not smiling and will only be present when you are smiling.

How much does it cost?

Dimple creation surgery costs only $1500 (both sides)
Dimple Creation Melbourne
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.

Leave a Reply