Fat Transfer Melbourne
What is Fat Transfer?
Fat transfer is a procedure that takes fat from one part of the body such as abdomen or thighs and transfers it to another. Many different areas may be treated with Fat Transfer, including;
- Face – especially the hollows in the cheeks and temples, and just under the eyes (tear troughs).
- Buttocks – also known as the Brazlian Butt lift, fat can be transfered to certain areas of the buttocks to lift and to create a more rounded appearance. Particularly desired by those with flat or small buttocks, or those that would like a buttock lift.
- Backs of hands – also a popular location for fat transfer to help the problem of thin skin that shows the tendons and veins
- Any other areas that require volume such as post accidents or surgery with tissue loss, or areas that may be lumpy or uneven after previous surgery or liposuction.
Who is a candidate for fat transfer?
What is the fat transfer procedure like?
The procedure is performed under local anaesthetic (sedation may also be used if desired by the patient). The area from which the fat is extracted is referred to as the donor area and the area into which the fat is injected is called the target area.
- The skin over the donor area is cleansed with antiseptic
- Local anaesthetic is infused into the donor area.
- The fat is harvested into syringes and cleansed to remove impurities.
- The fat is used immediately in the target area.
The fat harvesting procedure may be performed in a small area if small volumes are required, or as part of Vaser Liposculpture if larger volumes are desired (for buttocks).
- The skin over the target area is cleased with antiseptic
- Local anaesthetic is injected into the target area.
- The harvested fat is carefully injected into the target area in very small amounts.
What are the advantages for fat transfer?
How long is the recovery time for fat transfer?
How long do the results of fat transfer last?
Are there visible scars of fat transfer?
What does it cost?
Fat transfer is very affordable and costs only $2000 for the hands or similar smaller areas such as lips, or $4000 for fat transfer to the full face.Fat transfer to buttocks is $4000 plus the cost of the liposuction for donor areas as higher volumes of fat are required to be harvested (ie from $2500). The advantage of this is that both procedures are performed together, with the loss of fat from one (or more) areas via liposuction, and the augmentation of the buttocks as well!