Permanent Laser Hair Removal
The Complete Solution for Hair Removal
At DermaMed, we use the award-winning Soprano XLi laser hair removal system, as used by advanced hair removal clinics around the world. The Soprano hair removal laser represents a new era in laser hair removal technology and treatment methods. By incorporating multiple laser wavelengths and technologies, Soprano ICE allows you to treat the widest range of patients and hair types quickly and painlessly, all year round
- Virtually Painless – Gradual heating of the dermis creates a comfortable treatment experience without any analgesics. The Soprano hair laser also has a Sapphire cooling tip and we also use refrigerated cooled air machines for your additional comfort.
- Extreme Power – Clinically proven effective on all skin types, body parts, and pigmented hair. Works on both fine and coarse hairs on all areas of the body.
- Pre-set parameters – provides safe, consistent, reliable and effective results.
- Rapid Treatment Speed – Provides fast coverage without skipping spots. Underarms take only 2 minutes per side! Full legs in only 15 minutes!
- For ALL skin types and tanned skin – Safe enough to treat patients all year round.
IN-Motion Technology ensures client comfort, speed of procedures and consistent clinical results. Why? It provides a gradual thermal rise to the target therapeutic temperature, without the risk of injury and with much less pain. By gradually heating the dermis to a temperature that damages the hair follicles, re-growth is prevented while cooling from the Sapphire tip protects the surrounding skin from injury.
Laser Permanent Hair Removal
Excessive or unsightly facial and body hair can be upsetting and uncomfortable for men and women, as well as being difficult and inconvenient to remove. There are many methods of hair removal though most are messy and temporary. Laser treatment is one of the safest and most effective ways to permanently reduce unwanted facial and body hair fast. So you can wear the clothes you want with the confidence of knowing you have smooth, hair free skin.
How does it work?
Laser permanent hair removal works on the ‘Theory of Extended Photothermolysis’. This occurs when the melanin (the dark pigments) in your hair absorbs the light and converts to heat, which radiates to the surrounding cells that form the hair. If enough heat is produced it will destroy these cells, thus preventing further hair growth. Hair grows in 3 phases. Laser/IPL can only treat the hair within one of these phases called anagen. This is when the hair is growing and there are actively dividing cells in the hair follicle. At any given time, there is only a certain percentage of hair in anagen. This is why Laser must be performed over a number of sessions with a certain time span between treatments to achieve the best result. The number of sessions required depends on your hair and skin colour and how your body responds to the treatments, however usually 5 sessions are recommended.
After Laser hair removal
The hair will appear to grow slowly for 2 – 4 weeks and should fall out; this is the treated hair being pushed out of the follicle, not new growth. Any hair that does not fall out was either too fine, too light or too deeply rooted. After the hair falls out you should have a hair free period for approximately 3 to 6 weeks.
New growth will appear, though there will be a certain percentage of hairs that don’t grow back. This percentage will increase with each session.
Between treatments, growth can be shaved but not waxed or tweezed.