Vitamin D Injection Melbourne
What is Vitamin D?
Vitamin D deficiency is common and has been implicated in most of the diseases of modern civilisation. Research is now showing that vitamin D may be important for many other reasons outside of good bone health. Some of the functions of the body that vitamin D helps with include:
- Immune system, which helps you to fight infection
- Muscle function
- Cardiovascular function, for a healthy heart and circulation
- Respiratory system –for healthy lungs and airways
- Brain development
- Anti-cancer effects
When fully activated, vitamin D is a potent cellular stimulator, a repair and maintenance hormone that targets over 200 human genes in a wide variety of tissues, responsible for a great number of physiological and biochemical body processes.
Why would I need an Injection?
What can a Vitamin D injection help with?
- Regulation of calcium and phosphorus levels.
- Modelling and re-modelling of bone.
- Healthy cell proliferation and growth.
- Modulation of the immune system.
- Possible prevention of diabetes type 2 (studies ongoing)
- Possible anti-cancer effects (studies ongoing)